“About pages” are my favorite part of almost any website. Its always the first page I read and I love seeing what a company or individual choose to share about themselves. I decided to break this page down into two sections as I respect that some of you will just want to know what qualifies me to write this course. For those that want to dig a bit deeper I have shared some more about myself personally below the experience section.
Three years ago I created a “Buzz Department” from scratch. As one person I was able to make a noticeable impact. I was then able to hire someone, teach them these skills, and have them be equally as successful.
- I directly helped generate over 500 press mentions in under 3 years
- Landing coverage in:
- The Wall St Journal
- Associated Press
- INC Magazine
- Entrepreneur.com (and many more)
- I created partnerships with:
- Startup Weekend
- Batchblue (and many more)
- I helped increase, influence, and maintain that over 30% of Grasshopper signs come from word of mouth (i.e. I heard about you from a friend / colleague / family member)
I consider myself a “survivor”. I will do anything necessary to succeed, and/or help the people in my life that are important to me. In my eyes failure is not an option. To me, failure is simply a mistake I now know to never make again. I truly believe that the more you give, the more you will get. I really enjoy, even thrive in, awkward situations. I think the best way to grow is by leaving your comfort zone. A few more tidbits:
- I am wildly curious, I ask a lot of questions, and I love learning (not classroom style, but real life learning…via mistakes, observations, and listening).
- I believe strongly in feedback and go out of my way to provide both positive & negative feedback in many situations.
- I love story telling – both as it pertains to brands and saturday morning brunches.
- I am an avid sports fan (not a “Boston Sports Fan”, but an avid sports fan), meaning I will watch 2 good (non-Boston) sports teams on a random Tuesday night, and enjoy it. But for the record, my teams are: Celtics, Red Sox, and the NY Giants (in no particular order).
- I really enjoy adventures
And above all else, I just freaking love Sour Patch Kids.
Don’t you hate when you land on a “Contact” page hoping to chat with the site owner and there is an embedded contact form there? Personally it makes me feel like a human will probably never read my email (and that the site owner doesn’t really care).
So feel free to say “hi” anytime, I will always try and respond:
Jon (at) learn2buzz (dot) com or @jonathanckay
*Note: I believe deeply in what this course is all about. Its why I devoted my free time for months to writing it. While I can not talk with every single person who buys this. Its really important to me that you don’t feel lost or confused. If you are feeling really stuck at any point please reach out to me (its why I list my real email address). I will do everything in my power to respond and more importantly clarify what I was intending to communicate.*